West Central Georgia Bank's consumer Mastercard® debit cards can be used with Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay! Add your eligible debit card, then shop in-store, in-app, or online with your mobile device.
How It Works
- Digital Wallets are made possible by a technology called Near Field Communication (NFC). NFC allows two devices—like your mobile phone and a payments terminal—to talk to each other when they’re close together. These transactions are known as Contactless Payments.
- For a Contactless Payment to be successful, you must hold your phone two inches or less from the payment terminal.
- Just look for one of the below symbols at the payment terminal to see if digital wallet payments are accepted.
Why You Should Try It
- Speed is one of the coolest parts of NFC payments. These payments take a fraction of the time of traditional magstripe and chip card transactions.
- You can conveniently store all your payment card information in one place, so you don't have to carry the cards with you. For some, that could mean no longer carrying a wallet.
What About Security?
- Are digital wallet payments secure? Digital wallet mobile payments are dynamically encrypted, making them one of the most secure ways to pay.
- Digital wallet payments also protect your card information by replacing your card number with a second random number known as a token or device account number. This means your card information is not shared with the merchant when you make a purchase.
- Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay transactions are protected and require authentication with Face ID, Touch ID, and your mobile device pass-code.
How do I add my card to Digital wallet?
- You can add your card to Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay by finding the wallet app installed on your phone. Most wallet apps come pre-installed.
- Below are some resources from each of the wallets on how to add a card: